- Trying something new. — I know we all relinquish stepping out and risking embarrassment upon ourselves in some way, but our brains always reward us with a nice feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after we finish trying something new. You’ll never realize your full potential until you step outside your comfort zone. Send it.
- Taking a deep breath. — Without stating all the health benefits of deep breathing practices, I can confidently say this is one of the most underrated things every human should do more of. It’s always available and will help guide you in solution focused perspectives.
3. Laughter. — I’d say this is the single most contagious of all emotional experiences. What’s more it is a full-on collaboration between the mind & body and strengthens the bond between humans in a way very few social experiences can. Laughter can boost the immune system, relax muscles, aid circulation, and even protect against heart disease. It is also great for your mental health too as it can lower anxiety, release tension, and improve mood. Life hack: always keep a few comedic homies in ya circle.
4. Warm shower. — take a cold shower for 10 seconds & let me know how that goes for ya.
5. Shelter. — Arguably the most important variable in our lives. It is something that most people rarely acknowledge as far as what life would be like if they didn’t have it. Do not take having a stable place to stay for granted. Ever.
6. Water. — Drink more of this stuff, it is like liquid gold for your body.
7. Random acts of kindness. — Ya neva know what is going on in someone’s life and how a random act of kindness could change their entire perspective on things. Be good to people & watch it reciprocate — energy is contagious!
8. Discovering new foods you like. — Taste buds go into a frenzy while you start questioning why nobody has persuaded you into taste testing your new discovery many moons ago.
9. Sunshine. — If you live in the western NY area or in a similar climate where winter covers 8 months of the year, you already snow about this one — sunshine is life.
10. Tapping the brakes to slow down and perfectly timing the red light changing to green, thus avoiding ever having to come to a complete stop. — You are invincible in that moment.
11. Grabbing a plate at a buffet and realizing you have an unlimited amount of grub you can pile onto your plate. One of life’s most glutton experiences. You paid the price of admission, might as well as go to crush town. Population you bro!
12. The drive back on a road trip. — Sure there’s excitement, anticipation and mystery on the way there — but the way back is when the entire experience is discussed and reflected upon from all of the participants perspectives.
13. Sharing high-fives with complete strangers over something you can both appreciate… Usually sports related. — That moment you both are 100% positive the bills are going to the super bowl. THIS IS OUR YEAR. High 5 (Borat voice).
14. When the crowd at a concert sings together. — Beautiful, just beautiful.
15. When you’re congested and finally get that sweet relief of being able to breathe through your nose again. — Fun fact: my brother’s all time favorite product is the breathe right nose strip.
16. Taking off wet socks after being in the rain or snow and putting on warm/dry ones. — Borderline euphoric.
17. Listening to the rain. — Take this time slow your mind down, acknowledge your blessings & enjoy the moment. This can really be an amazing moment of enlightenment.
18. Taking the final bite of food that you’ve purposefully saved for last. — We all do it. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re a liar.
19. Nostalgia — Known to help improve mood, increase social connectedness, enhance positive self-regard, and provide existential meaning — nostalgia is quite often a warm & happy feeling we all experience while reminiscing on the good ole days.
20. When you couldn’t decide between several different meals at the restaurant and then your food comes and you feel like you made the right choice after taking just one bite. — Yuuuuup 😁
21. Staring at the stars while you’re sitting around a campfire surrounded by people you love. — Life is a garden, dig it.
Presence & peace of mind in any given moment is the most profound gift our existence offers. The more gratitude you express, the most present you become. I wrote this post to help remind myself how truly lucky I am to be alive & receiving the blessings that life consistently offers. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
Thank you for reading,
SHOP: www.wolfpakclothing.com (use discount code GRATITUDE for 21% off your order)